Your English-speaking French Corporate law firm
Melot & Buchet is a French boutique law firm located in Paris, offering a full range of services in business law, and more specifically in tax law, financing law and corporate law.
The experience acquired by Melot & Buchet’s lawyers in major international law firms, enables them to assist French clients extending their activities abroad, but also to support foreign clients in their development in France.
In addition, all the 10 lawyers in our firm have significant experience abroad, which provides a real opening to the international scene based on strong personal experiences.
**We’ll Get Back To You Within 24h**
Mergers and acquisitions, Venture capital
Negotiation and drafting of all commercial contracts
Fundraising assistance for all type of businesses
Structuring of public offerings
Advisory and litigation about unfair competition
Due diligence and Legal reviews
Transfers of business assets worldwide
Corporate tax, value added tax VAT, wealth tax...
All litigations with the tax administration
International tax optimisation
Individual income tax and wealth tax
Leveraged buy-outs LBO
Management of international flows, dividends, royalties, interest
Assistance of European and Asian investors
Business Law Firm
10 professionals, 100 years of cumulative experience, more than 400 clients, 50 articles published, 300 m2 of offices in Paris and Rennes and finally 12 years of existence.
Melot & Buchet is an independent law firm dedicated to complex cases. Always tailor-made interventions. High level technical expertise.
In addition, being a part of the European JCA Lawyers International network, our firm can work on international transactions within a secure legal framework, while remaining a single point of contact for its clients.
Our firm has a solid experience in the field of equity transactions.
We act in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, leveraged buy-outs, mergers and restructurings as advisors to buyers, sellers or the management of target companies.
Our firm also, assists companies in their search for the necessary financing for their creation and their organic and/or external growth. We help compagnies in the preparation phase, during the negotiation and all other post-funding re-organisations.
Our experience :
- Subsidialisation, contribution and merger within a distribution group (30M€)
- Negotiation of the amicable exit of an executive of a stock exchange company from several investment funds
- Fundraising for companies in the e-business, renewable energy, aeronautics, real estate, drones, etc. sectors
- Litigation for unfair competition in several sectors of activity: e-business – Insurance brokerage – Oil drilling…
Our firm deals with all issues related to direct and indirect taxation applicable to companies, whatever their activity: commercial, industrial, agricultural, liberal professions, etc.
The scope of our interventions cover all taxes applicable to our clients: Corporate tax, value added tax VAT, territorial economic contribution, payroll tax, withholding tax, etc.
We advise also numerous individual clients, companies, and associations, on the management of their income tax and wealth tax, and in their relations with the tax authorities. We act either in the context of our clients’ current activities, or prior to or following exceptional operations such as the sale of companies or real estate assets.
Our experience :
- Analysis of the accounting and tax treatment of intangible asset acquisition transactions for a group listed on the CAC 40.
- Review and modelling of the tax impacts of the regulation limiting interest deduction for investment funds.
- Analysis and advice to a family holding company in the context of a transfer of a major private estate ( €50 million)
- Defending the interests of a holding company and its partners with regard to an IS and ISF audit
Private International Law
Our firm covers the whole range of assistance and advice on private international business and European law issues and acts in particular on behalf of
- individuals, to advise and represent them in their private international and European relations
- or companies and economic actors, in their international and European development
We also act in international tax matters both for French tax residents, companies or individuals, having activities or assets abroad, and for foreign tax residents participating in operations in France or owning assets in France.
Our experience :
- Assistance with legal due diligence in the context of a proposed acquisition of a company abroad by a world leader in the IT sector
- Monitoring the international activity of an investment fund under Luxembourg law
- Analysis and implementation of an Asian trading subsidiary for a French SME
- Advice on international and European inheritance matters
A broad expertise in tax and business law
Contact our lawyers.